Job DescriptionBid Manager
If you’re looking for a challenge that stretches your talents and you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, come and join us as a Senior Bid Manager and help support the digital transformation of the UK. You’ll work with high profile public and commercial clients, tabling bids for projects that will deliver improvements to complex systems and make the everyday simpler. From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme ( + matching) making you a member not just an employee.
This role sits within our Scotland business unit and is open to applicants UK-wide, though a Scotland-base is an advantage. Remote for the time being with a view to moving to a blended model, long term. This role will need you to hold or be eligible for and willing to undergo UK Security clearance to SC level.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for leading large and strategically important deals for new clients or complex renegotiations of existing clients
• Manage leveraged bid teams
• Ensure compliance to governance
• Work with Solution, Commercial & Financial teams to lead on client submissions, meeting their requirements
• Control approved bid budget
• Working in amongst well-functioning, collaborative teams, you’ll have the opportunity to ‘pull the strings’ and bring key bids to life.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Proven history of leading and winning large and complex bids.
• Budget control
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong people leadership skills: motivating staff to deliver quality results on time, often under pressure.
• Able to be self-critical.
• Confidence, flexibility and adaptability.
• Ability to see the big picture and make appropriate recommendations to the BU lead.
• Consultancy experience advantageous along with either a mix of Public Sector or Insurance/Finance.
This role will need the successful candidate to hold or be eligible for and willing to undergo UK Security clearance to SC level.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.