Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for our Future Teachers programme ahead of the New Year.
Teaching Personnel are currently working in partnership with a number of secondary schools across West Yorkshire to recruit graduates who wish to begin a teacher training programme in the future, but firstly want to gain experience as a teaching assistant.
Through the ‘Future Teachers Programme’, successful graduates will begin a 9-month teaching assistant programme in September 2023 to gain the necessary school-based experience to prepare you ahead of beginning a teacher training programme within your allocated school the following year. Over the course of the year, graduate teaching assistants will gradually take on more responsibilities at their respective school.
Working with a range of talented teachers you will support student learning and get a first-hand insight into what is required to be a confident and capable teacher.
• Full time graduate teaching assistant opportunities within our Future Teachers Programme
• Opportunities for Maths, English, Science, Humanities, Languages and Physical Education graduates aspiring to become a teacher in the future
• 9-month apprenticeship as a teaching assistant
• Earn up to £1400 per month whilst gaining vital experience
These opportunities are full time roles with an allocated school in the Blackpool/The Fylde area where you will undertake a variety of tasks and activities that will give you a good understanding as to the role of a teacher. A significant proportion of these tasks and activities will also benefit your subject knowledge as you will focus on raising pupil attainment, supporting special needs pupils, covering classes, assisting with planning, preparing lessons, and developing schemes of work.
Responsibilities within the Future Teachers Graduate Scheme will include providing;
• One to one specific tuition/interventions where you will utilise your subject knowledge to raise pupil attainment
• SEN support where you can work alongside pupils with Special Educational Needs
• In-class support in your specialist subject to enhance pupils learning experience
• Cover Supervisor work where you will experience covering lessons and classroom management
• Assistance with planning and preparation of lessons alongside teachers to up-skill you in this area
Graduates wishing to be considered please ‘Apply Now’ and follow the information to send over an up-to-date CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.