We are looking for an enthusiastic professional RVN to join our team at our Blackpool Warbreck practice, which is located at the north of Blackpool, near to a local train station and just a 5-minute drive from the heart of the town.
The surgery is located within Pets at Home which creates a variety to the workload and the surgery is purpose built to provide a bright and spacious work area, which is equipped with digital Xray, in house laboratory and ultrasound equipment.
The role is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, which currently is Monday to Friday, but will include some weekend work on a rota basis in the future. You must also be flexible to cover holidays and sick leave wherever possible.
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
• Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
• Greet clients and their pets and conduct nurse appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
• Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
• Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
• Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
• Prepare, identify and record results from radiography and laboratory equipment
As well as a great working environment, we can offer:
• Competitive salary of up to £28k dependent on experience
• CPD allowance and support
• Contributory pension scheme
• Paid memberships to the RCVS
• Company discounts including 20% off at pets at home, vets4pets and the groom room
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.